Blue is one of the three primary colours of pigments in painting and traditional colour theory, as well as in the RGB colour model. Surveys in the US and Europe show that blue is the colour most commonly associated with harmony, faithfulness, confidence, distance, infinity, the imagination, cold, and occasionally with sadness.
Having a name that makes a good first impression has become very necessary in today’s competitive world. Sometimes choosing names become a tough job for the parents to decide a good name for their children.
To ease this process and help the confused parents about what name to choose for their little ones, we have very meticulously curated this article. Pickthenames.com has the awesome collection of popular baby boy and girl names that mean blue which will help you select the perfect name for your baby.
Girl Names that mean Blue
- Marilee – Welsh, means “star of the sea” related to the names Mari, Marilyn, & Mary
- Cyane – Greek, means “a bright shade of blue”
- Neelu – Hindu, means “diamond” and describes a gloomy shade of blue/green
- Mazarine – French, describes a deep dark shade of blue
- Atasi – Indian, Hindu, means “blue flower”
- Amrin – Muslim, a lovely quite girl, a “blue sky”
- Ruka – Japanese, often used as a spiritual derived named this one describes a bright blue flower
- Sini – Finnish, a more feminine version of “Sinkka” means “blue” often used poetically
- Claramay – English, means “bright, beloved”, it is the mixture of pink and blue
- Bluesette – American, a wonderful choice for jazz-loving parents, this is a laid back baby girl name
- Iris – Ancient Greek, “symbol of power” also named after the blue flower
- Azura – Spanish, means “sky blue”
- Bleu – French, word for “blue”
- Bluebell – English, named for the beautiful blue flower!
- Owaissa – Native American Legend of Owaissa, means “BlueBird”
- Lapis – Egypt, after the beautiful lapis lazuli gemstone, “dark blue”
- Okelani – Hawaiian, means “from Heaven” like the sky above!
- Maya – Hebrew, Spanish, Greek, means “water” like the deep blue sea!
- Neela /Nila – Hindi, Sanskrit, African, means “blue bird” or “sapphire blue”
- Firuzeh – Persian, means “turquoise”, the blue-green precious stone we see in jewelry
- Azure – Spanish, another variation that means “sky blue”
- Afina – Romanian, Hebrew, means “blueberry”! What an adorably unique name!
- Sunil – Sanskrit means “dark blue” or “sapphire”
- Nilam/Neelam – Muslim, meaning a “lighter shade of blue”, a beautiful choice
- Doli – Native American, Navajo, another name that means “bluebird”
Boy Names that mean Blue
- Linnaeus – Latin, named after a blue flower or twinflower bloom
- Gorman – Irish, Gaelic, means “small blue-eyed one”
- Jalaneel – Latin, describes the deep blue of the stormy oceans
- Indivar/Indeevar, Hindi, means “blessing” and “blue lotus”
- Nabhas – Sanskrit, this one means “celestial”, like the moon against a deep blue night.
- Jaibrian – Arabic, means “bluebird” or “noble, strength”
- Neel – Latin, Irish, Gaelic, this name derives as an alternative to Cornelius, Neal, Niel and begins its own journey meaning “bluish color of the sky”
- Aouli – Hawaiian, describing the expansiveness of the dazzling blue sky
- Viorel – Romanian, named after the blue bell flower
- Cyan – English, means “greenish blue”
- Manikanth– Bengali, Hindi, means “the blue jewel, shining brightly”
- Slate – English, named after the gray, greenish-blue rock, a powerful name for boys
- Azraq – Arabic, means “blue” or “pure”
- Marlais – Welsh, means “blue”
- Mavi – Turkish, means “blue”
- Azul – Spanish, just like the feminine version, this name means “BLUE”!>/li>
- Hinto – Native American, name to describe beautiful blue eyes, “blue haired”