Germany (German: Deutschland, pronounced [ˈdɔʏtʃlant] (About this soundlisten)), officially the Federal Republic of Germany is a country in Central Europe. It is the second-most populous country in Europe after Russia, and the most populous member state of the European Union.
Personal names in Germany follow the structure common in Europe and the rest of the western world. Parents usually give one or more first names (Vornamen) to a child, followed by the faamily name. Mostly German names contains First Names and Surnames i.e. Family, occupation. Bodily Feature, Geographical etc. The most common surnames in German are all occupational names. Finding names for your little princess takes much more time and its not easy for everyone.
If you are looking for german names for girls then pickthenames.com is the best choice to choose perfect names for your child. Check out our complete list to pick German Girl Names.
German Girls Names
- Aliais German and means ‘all’ or ‘another.’
- Charlotte(French origin), is the feminine version of the name Karl, meaning ‘free’ and ‘proficient.’
- Clara(Latin Origin) is a name that means ‘famous,’ ‘bright’ and ‘clear.’
- Eléa(Swiss Origin) is a name which means ‘foreign’ and ‘strange’ in German, ‘compassion’ in Greek and ‘God is my light’ in Arabic.
- Eliana(Greek and Hebrew Origin) is a name that means ‘bright,’ ‘torch,’ ‘beautiful,’ ‘shining’ and ‘light.’
- Ella(Multiple Origins) is short for girl names ending in ‘Ella’ or beginning with ‘El’ and is a variant of the German baby name ‘Alia.’
- Emilian(Latin Origin) comes from the Latin name Aemilius and translates into the word ‘rival.’
- Emily(Latin Origin) comes from the Latin name Aemilius and is a popular german girl name which means ‘rival.’
- Emmais short for any Germanic names beginning with ‘Em’ or ‘Im’ and means ‘whole’ or ‘universal.’
- Freya(Nordic Origin) is a name derived from the Goddess of love, beauty, war, and death; it means ‘lady’ or ‘mistress.’
- Fridais one of the common German names, which means the ‘princess of peace.’
- Hannah(Hebrew Origin), also spelt as Hanna, is a common German baby girl name which means ‘favor’ and ‘grace.’
- Leni(Latin Origin) is a name which means ‘light’, ‘sublime’, ‘torch’, ‘bright’ and ‘beautiful’.
- Lia(Multiple Origins) is a name that means ‘lioness,’ ‘mistress,’ ‘rival,’ and ‘my God in abundance.’
- Lilly(British Origin) also spelt as Lily, Lillie, Lili, and Lilli is a popular Germanic name, which means ‘my God is my oath’ and ‘my God is abundance.’
- Malia(Swahili Origin) is a name which means ‘beloved,’ ‘a child that has been wished for,’ ‘rebellious,’ ‘brave,’ ‘soft,’ ‘diligent,’ and ‘queen.’
- Mathildais a name that refers to ‘the strength that one gains in the battle.’
- Maya(Turkish Origin) is a name which means the ‘star of the sea,’ ‘exalted one,’ ‘beloved,’ ‘rebellious,’ and refers to ‘the child that has been wished for.’
- Mia(Italian Origin) is a name that means ‘mine’ and ‘darling.’
- Sophia(Greek Origin) is a name that means ‘wisdom.’
- Sophie(Greek Origin) is an alternative name for Sophia, meaning ‘wisdom.’
Popular German Names for Girls
- Angela(Latin Origin) is one of the more famous German girl names, which means ‘Angel’ and ‘God’s messenger.’
- Anne( Latin Origin) is a great name for a German baby girl and means ‘grace’ and ‘the favored one.’
- Brittany(French Origin) is one of the more common German baby girl names due to the singer Britney Spears.
- Diane(Indo-European Origin) is a common choice for a girl and means ‘divine’.
- Eddais a great name for a girl and refers to someone whose ‘achievement-oriented.’
- Eva(Latin Origin) is a popular German baby name that means ‘life.’
- Heidi(German/Swiss Origin) is a popular German name that refers to ‘someone who was born into a noble family.’
- Irmais an old German name that means ‘universal’ or ‘whole.’
- Juliane(Latin Origin) is a popular Germanic name that is made famous through various popular personalities.
- Kirsten(German/ Scandinavian Origin) refers to ‘someone who follows Christ.’
- Kim(Korean Origin) is one of the trending baby names and means ‘gold’.
- Magda(Polish Origin) is a popular German name for a girl and means ‘woman’.
- Marlene(Italian Origin) is one of the more common alternative German names for Mia and means ‘mine’.
- Nastazja(Greek and Latin Origins) is a popular German name for a girl and means ‘resurrection’.
- Nicole(Greek Origin) is one of the more common girl names and means ‘the people’s victory.’
- Pia(Latin Origin) is one of the names used for German girls meaning ‘devout’ or ‘holy.’
- Roza(Italian Origin) is a popular Germanic version of Saint Rose, an Italian Saint who lived in the 13th-century.
- Ruth(Hebrew Origin) is one of the names used for German girls and means ‘friend’.
- Steffiis one of the popular German baby names and ‘crown.’
- Zazie(Hebrew Origin) is one of the common names for German girls and means ‘movement’.